Friday, May 22, 2015

My Blog and My Design



Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be a blogger.  I enjoy reading blogs and envy those who have the courage to put themselves out there for the world, but I didn't think it would be me.  When I saw the first assignement was to create a blog I was put a bit outside of my comfort zone, but up for the challenge.  I have found that I really enjoy it!   I wanted my blog to be "honest, true, and simple, but always simple in a way that helps the viewer understand in the clearest way possible." (Reynolds, 2014, p. 19).  I felt like this describes me and my goals for this blog, simple and honest.  I selected books on a shelf for my background.  Aside from the obvious reasons for this selection, I also loved the bright colors of the books.  I wanted to avoid the "feeling of clutter and visual noise," (Reynolds, 2014, p. 34) and I thought the colors of the books were nicely complimented by the neutral color of the foreground.  The typeface I chose was trebuchet.  I selected this simply becuase I wanted  an "everyday" font, nothing overly formal and stuffy.  Becuase "the typeface you choose depends on your content and even your own personality" (Reynolds, 2014, p. 39) I thought it was important to choose something that was a "me font" - something relaxed and everyday. 
 I look forward to this blog being a place where I can share my learning with others, and keep resources for the future. 


Reynolds, G. (2014). Presentation Zen Design: A simple visual approach to presenting in today's world. (2nd ed.). United States of America. New Riders/Pearson.

No comments:

Post a Comment