Sunday, July 5, 2015

So Many Uses for QR Codes

To be honest, I have never had much interest in QR codes before.  I have seen them used in classrooms, on restaurant menus, and have even seen a gigantic one posted on the side of a building.  I never thought that it was something I would ever implement in the classroom, or had the need to checkout (except for the one on the building…).  I could not have been more WRONG!!  Now I wonder how I have gone without QR codes!  It is beyond easy to create, and even more fun to scan.  I can certainly see myself using this in the classroom, for parent information, in the library, and I'm sure I can find some reason to use this in my personal life, too! 


I'll be adding this QR code to my webpage.  I showed this book trailer to my students at the end of the year.  They were SOLD on this book.  
I used http://www.i-nigma.com/CreateBarcodes.html to create this QR code. 



Okay…one more!  I had add another code from QR Voice . This is so fun!  I think it's a great way to send messages to students (and friends!).  

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of linking the QR codes to the book trailers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the QR code to link to an audio message! Short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of showing students a trailer before they read a book. It's a great way to peak their interest. I think they would also be excited to use their phones to access said book trailer, so it is really a "win win."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way as you about QR codes in the beginning, but now I am very excited to use them. I found myself wanting to make more than one, too! About Doll Bones... I saw the title on a book list, and it intrigued me. Now after watching your trailer, I will have to read this book!

    ReplyDelete